Did you know that tree trimming is a dangerous job?
In 2004 alone, many people died on duty – 120 to be more precise. That is a huge and alarming number.
As trees are extremely heavy and tough to deal with, there is a great risk of injury. A single tree can weigh up to 10 tons or even more. Falling trunks or branches rank highest among the causes of injury.
Also, one might think that accidents happen to rookies. Think again. Reportedly experienced arborists have higher fatality rates because they get more complex and therefore riskier jobs.
That’s why it’s compulsory to get the proper kind of insurance irrespective of your experience in the field. Don’t be misled into believing that nothing can happen if you’re a veteran arborist.
You need an insurance policy if you engage in one or several of the following activities:
- Remove trees
- Trim trees
- Prune trees
- Hardscape them
- Manage tree pest
- Care for municipal trees
Don’t look for special arborist insurance because at the moment there isn’t one. However, insurance carriers provide adequate coverage for activities that involve certain business risks.
You have to take into account several risks, included but not limited to:
- Theft – you can never know when someone steals your equipment or even your vehicle
- Damage – whether we’re talking about client property damage, tool or vehicle damage
- Injuries or illnesses – these are by far the worst case scenarios, therefore it’s crucial to have a good insurance policy for yourself and your employees
- Accidents – driving big vehicles that cause problems and damage
- Malfunction – tools and equipment can malfunction and lead to injuries
- Negligence – this is a preventable risk, but you can’t control your employees 100% of the time
- Use of pesticides – toxic compounds can release fumes or trigger allergic reactions
There are several coverage alternatives such as:
- General Liability insurance
- Business property insurance
- Product Liability insurance
- Commercial vehicle insurance
- Worker’s compensation
Evaluate your risks realistically and see which options will suit your business better. Though price is a significant matter, don’t let it dictate your insurance policy as you might end up paying much more later on.
CBW Tree Trimming Insurance Quotes 855-733-1100